Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Macular Degeneration Low Vision Treatment

(800) 756-0677
Cheshire - Danbury - Farmington - Litchfield
Manchester - Norwalk - Waterford

Dr. Randolph Kinkade, a low vision optometrist with a Master of Public Health degree reports age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is the most common form of permanent vision loss in older adults.  Dr. Kinkade and the National Eye Institute, a division of the National Institutes of Health, know the prevalence of AMD will increase with our aging population. 
 

Dry AMD
Wet AMD


With the baby boomers moving into the macular degeneration age group it is estimated that there will be 3 million people with AMD by the year 2020 in the United States.

 
“Macular degeneration is a progressive condition that destroys the macula in back of the eye,” said Dr. Kinkade.  “It usually progress slowly in most individuals with minimal vision loss for years while in others it can appear to dramatically destroy eyesight overnight.” 
The vision loss can make it difficult to read, write or drive a car.  Daily activities (i.e., cooking, sewing, bill paying) and recreational activities (i.e., card playing, knitting, painting) become challenging for some and difficult or impossible for others.

From a Public Health stand point, macular degeneration is most likely caused by a complex set of aging, genetic and environmental factors,” said Dr. Kinkade.  Vitamin and antioxidant therapy appears to slow down the progress in some individuals.  Telescopic, high-power prismatic lenses and E-scoop lenses are usually beneficial.

AMD alters your central vision and leaves your side or peripheral vision unaltered.  So despite the vision loss, AMD does not cause complete blindness allowing individuals to walk and see where you are going. 
 
Simulated Central Scotoma
 
“The macula is part of the central retina in the back of the eye and is made up of millions of light-sensitive cells that give sharp, detailed central vision,” said Dr. Kinkade.  “The retina is responsible for converting light energy into electrical energy and sending the information via the optic nerve to the brain.  The eye can be considered to be an extension of the brain.”

When the macula is damaged fine detailed vision is lost and images in the brain are no longer clear.  Individuals can see, but the fine points in your vision are missing.
 
 

In the early stages of AMD vision becomes slightly unclear and reading can become challenging.  With moderate advancement, distortion and blank spots appear in your central vision and reading becomes significantly more difficult without the use of magnification.  Faces and television are no longer clear.  With the advanced stage of the disease individuals require low vision rehabilitation to resume many visually-guided daily activities. 

There is no cure for AMD, but its progression can be slow with vitamins and nutritional supplements.  Medical treatment is available to curb the progression in the “wet” form of AMD with eye injections.  There is no medical treatment for the “dry” form.

Dr. Kinkade describes the term “Low Vision” as the level of permanent vision loss that significantly impairs the ability of individuals to see when there is no treatment by medicine, surgery or regular eyeglasses.

Low Vision Rehabilitation offers good news to those with low vision caused by AMD.   With the use of proper magnification, enhanced illumination and high-contrast materials vision can be improved.

Dr. Randolph Kinkade Fitting Bioptic Telescopic Glasses

“If you remember that if the eye is part of the brain you can relearn to see,” said Dr. Kinkade.

Dr. Kinkade has been treating the low vision rehabilitation needs of patients with AMD for over 30 years.  He continues to study the causes and treatment of macular degeneration from a medical, rehabilitative and public health point of view.  
 
(800) 756-0677
www.LowVisionEyeglasses.com
DrKinkade@SeeandHearAmerica.com
Cheshire - Danbury - Farmington - Litchfield - Manchester - Norwalk - Waterford

 

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the information on MS & macular degeneration treatment. My husband was suffering from this disease and is currently taking this treatment. After taking the treatment his health has improved a lot then before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Herpes Simplex Virus by this by Dr voodoo and she also gave the email address of this man and advise anyone to contact him for any kind of problem that he would be of help, so i wrote to Dr voodoo telling him about my (Herpes Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Though i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr voodoo assured me, after some time i went to my doctor for test and it confirmed that i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends if anyone have such problem and need help contact Dr voodoo on his email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

      Delete
  2. I'm 15 years old. I was born with HIV my mother passed away because of the HIV infection And I regret why i never met Dr Itua he could have cured my mum for me because as a single mother it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr itua healing words online about how he cure different disease in different races diseases like HIV/Aids Herpes,Parkison,Asthma,Autism,Copd,Epilepsy,Shingles,Cold Sore,Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Love Spell,Prostate Cancer,Lung Cancer,Glaucoma.,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis,
    Dementia.,Tach Disease,Breast Cancer,Blood Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Love Spell,Chronic Diarrhea,Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Weak Erection,Breast Enlargment,Penis Enlargment,Hpv,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria)Diabetes Hepatitis even Cancer I was so excited but frighten at same time because I haven't come across such thing article online then I contacted Dr Itua on Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ . I also chat with him on what's app +2348149277967 he tells me how it works then I tell him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I receive my herbal medicine within 4/5 working days he gave me guild lines to follow and here am I living healthy again can imagine how god use men to manifest his works am I writing in all articles online to spread the god work of Dr Itua Herbal Medicine,He's a Great Man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 3 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr.kuta on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr.kuta today on this Email address: drkutaherbalcenter@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on this Tell.Number +2347054547814

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr VOKE and she gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. VOKE telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm I never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that I have cured, after some time I went to my doctor to confirmed if I have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr voke on doctorvoke@gmail.com
    contact Dr VOKE today for your problem to be solve for you just as my problem have been solved for me also, via Email doctorvoke@gmail.com


    E-mail: doctorvoke@gmail.com


    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. VOODOO on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication i went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and i was completely cured, since then i have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr VOODOO to everyone out there with the virus Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com Add Dr voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  6. My health was horrible before I decided to try the Protocol Of taking Dr. Omola pure herbal mixture. I felt there was no hope for my health and I was to try the Protocol, thinking it wouldn’t work because I have visited so many hospital but same result. However, I was convinced by a Instagram friend to try the herbal medicine because I wanted to get rid of Herpes virus. The herbal mixture that was given to me was really quick and easy to take, within 2 week I was fully cured from Herpes. The herbal medicine really work and I will like to share this great doctor contact with you all email him dr.omolaherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2348118116254 you won't regret it, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Email: Infor@approvedocs.com

    https://approvedocs.com/buy-drivers-license-online/

    TELEGRAM: @Approveddocumente

    buy driver's license online USA

    buy genuine driving license

    buy dl number online

    buy driving license

    buy California driver license

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you need low vision assessment? Contact our expert optometrist to get the best low vision solution.

    ReplyDelete